Infrared security cameras are an excellent choice of security systems. They’re adaptable, can be used both indoors and out, and have a good coverage area. Importantly, they record in the dark.
Once installed, the infrared security camera will produce images even if there’s little or no light available. They provide higher-quality images than most people realize and are in widespread use. Read on to find out the main benefits of infrared security cameras and why you should add them to your security system.
How Infrared Light Cameras Work
Infrared light is invisible to the human eye. Even though you can’t see it, it uses the thermal energy of objects to produce images. Everything gives off some kind of heat signature. The cameras use this information to create accurate 3-D images. Initially used for night vision in the military, the technology has become mainstream.
The cameras can capture high-quality images even in the dark. They often offer a choice between manual and automatic focusing. They use wide-angle lenses to capture the largest area possible and capture images even in low temperatures.
Benefits of Infrared Security Cameras
Aside from the high-quality images, invisibility to the human eye, and wide viewing area, there are numerous reasons to add infrared. These reasons include:
- Nighttime/darkness recording. While traditional cameras can’t capture low-light images, infrared security cameras provide an additional layer of security once the sun sets or the lights are turned out. Since most criminals prefer the cover of darkness, infrared cameras deter, detect, and identify anyone on the property.
- Full integration. Used with powerful software, infrared provides a powerful tool for reporting and reducing false alerts.
- Works in any weather. Infrared cameras can pick up object temperatures just above zero degrees. Since the ambient temperature would be different from the person’s heat signature, there’s no hiding from the camera.
- Nothing gets in the way. Since they read heat signatures, intruders will always be visible because they will be different from the surrounding areas.
- Lower costs. One of the most significant benefits of infrared security cameras is cost savings. Infrared works in any light, so you won’t need a bunch of separate systems. You can see into low-visibility areas easily, so false reports or manual inspections are minimized.
Improve Your Security System
The benefits of infrared security cameras provide a superior alternative to traditional security cameras. Their ability to work in any light and temperature replaces standard hardware. They’re able to withstand outdoor use. Their sophistication reduces the costs of false alerts. They provide excellent detection, deterrence, and identification.
The specialists at Iluminar will create a system to meet your need, increase your security, and reduce your costs. Call them today at (281) 438-3500.